Taiwanese Chilli Meatball Noodles
My mother inspired me with this recipe. She is Taiwanese. When I was younger she always cooked these noodles for me. Now I can cook it myself, I find it tastes even better!
100g dried egg noodles
200g minced pork
½ teaspoon cornflour
2 teaspoon soy sauce
4 spring onions (finely chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
50g shredded cabbage
1 small carrot (thinly sliced)
2 dried chilli (soaked and chopped)
1 teaspoon chilli sauce
2 tablespoon cooking oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning
* Cook egg noodles in a large pan of boiling water till soft. Drain and set aside.
* Mix minced pork, cornflour, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, half of the chopped spring onions, salt and pepper in a large bowl. * Divide the meat mixture into 18 portions. Shape each portion into little balls.
* Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan. Fry the pork balls for 3 minutes till golden brown. Add chilli sauce and 2 tablespoon water. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the pork balls are cooked through. Set aside.
* Heat the rest of the oil in a wok or a large frying pan. Fry garlic, chilli and spring onions without browning. Add in carrot and cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes.
* Add in the noodles. Stir for 2 minutes. Add in the cooked meat balls and stir in the soy sauce. Stir and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.
This delicious and nutritious dish only cost £1.70 per person. Good value for money!