Clare’s spicy salmon and broccoli tagliatelle
This is the recipe that won last month’s ASDA Killer Student Recipe competition which invited you all to come up with a main course for four for £2 a head or under. In fact Clare, who is in her first year at the University of Liverpool, did it for just £7.52.
“This is fresh, incredibly easy, healthy and so tasty!” she wrote. “Great for students because it’s fast, there are few ingredients, few utensils required and because we can all benefit from the brain boosting powers of salmon. Plus it looks super professional.”
Clare wins £250 worth of ASDA vouchers which should see her through the first month of next term ;-)
For 4 people you will need:
1 pkt Asda salmon fillets (£2.98)
Juice of 2 lemons (£0.60)
BBQ seasoning (£1.96 for a jar of grind fresh BBQ seasoning which will leave plenty over for other recipes)
2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
400g Tagliatelle (£1.09 for 500g Napolina Tagliatelle Pasta)
1 small head of broccoli (300g for £0.88)
1. Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions so that it is ready as soon as you put your salmon in the pan.
2. Cut the broccoli into small bite-sized florets. Cook the way you prefer (I like to steam it in the microwave) until just tender.
3. Slice the salmon fillets into strips and halve to make bite-sized pieces.
4. Coat the salmon lightly in BBQ seasoning and stir fry with a little oil in a hot wok for 2 minutes or until the salmon is cooked all the way through.
5. Pour over enough lemon juice to coat the salmon. Chuck in the broccoli and mix thoroughly.
6. Serve the salmon with the pasta and enjoy!